Today I am going to talk about what does an enema do and how you can do an enema safely at home and the benefits of doing so. I will also be adding a bonus tips that I think are truly amazing.
I will also be showing my buyers guide to enema kits at the end of this article.
Why Do an Enema?
As home enema and colon hydrotherapy increases in popularity, which is mainly due to the increased awareness of the importance of colon health and the connection between the colon and many diseases.
It is now known that looking after the health of your colon can help greatly in preventing many diseases and health issues.
I was amazed to find out that the colon is responsible for many if not all diseases. So taking care of your colon health if very important.
Having colonics regularly can become an expensive and inconvenient and at times an awkward and an intense experience.
Are Enemas Bad For you?
Doing an enema at home is not bad for you in fact it is the opposite if done properly and safely.
The benefits of doing an enema at home is not a new concept. It has been done for many years by many cultures. It is also used as alternative health routine.
Doing an enema at home can be done at your convenience and is inexpensive and can be done in the privacy of your home.
As mentioned earlier it is often used as treatment before many operations. I remember when I Father was going to have a minor operation and was given an enema before his operation.
Researching I found out that information was found in medical literature in Ancient Egypt in 1550 BCE, and in the 17th century enema bulb syringe and blocks and bags in the 19th century. Today enemas are used regularly for both medical and lifestyle reasons. Which brings me to doing an enema at home.
Why Do an Enema at Home?
Doing an enema at home can be done at your convenience and is inexpensive and can be done in the privacy of your home and if done properly and safely can indeed be a great benefit to your health.
I have been doing home enemas for over a year now and have noticed health benefits in doing so, one of which is a flatter stomach.
How does it work?
An enema procedure involves injecting some sort of fluid (mainly water) in to the rectum. By doing this it will help to expel wastes and gas.
This is done with a container of water and tube with a detachable tip which is inserted into the rectum to get the fluid into the colon. This will stimulate contractions of the colon walls.
This will then force your colon to expel waste. It will also re hydrate any dry matter and help it to be easily eliminated from the body.
The best colonic is the one that is carried out by Practitioner assisted colonic, because it will release waste from as far as your cecum at the beginning of your colon. This is where your small intestines releases waste into the large intestines.
In saying this an enema comes a good close second.
Please consult your medical advisers before using an enema kit at home.
Benefits of an Enema
Using an enema kit at home is perhaps your most valuable tool to getting any waste in your colon that has got stuck, because this can cause stalled bowel movements.
When I first started using my enema kit, I was surprised at what was released from my lower colon. Without going into too much detail, it was an experience not just because of what was release but in how I felt immediately afterwards.
When you use an enema kit at home regularly this can encourage your digestion health to improve. Especially if your experience constipation and or dry, painful bowel movements.
One thing that I really like about using an enema kit at home, if the fact that I get to clean my colon in the comfort of my own home and I can do this when it is convenient to me.
Enema home kits are less intense and rarely uncomfortable and really easy to do. Once you get the first one out of the way the rest will be much easier. The first one is always harder because it is the first one and that is it.
Please Note Drinking water is important
I always tell people that before going to get a colonic they should always increase their water intake, or they could just be wasting their money because they will not get the full benefit of the colonic.
The same applies to doing an enema at home. Make sure that you increase your water intake or you may find that when you do your first enema or any enema to that fact, that the water will go in but nothing will come out. Because if your body needs water it will not release any.
Our bodies are very intelligent and will always attempt to protect you.
Many times when people are constipated it is because they need to increase their water intake and in doing so will find that their bowel movements will improve.
So when you increase your water intake say a day before you start using your enema kit will help your body to release body waste much easier.
Step by Step Tips to Getting the Benefits of Your Enema Kit
- Read the instructions that come with your enema kit, so that you have full understanding of how to use it.
- Wait at least three after a meal before doing an enema. First thing in the morning after a natural bowel movement is best. (Do not do just after eating, it could make the process uncomfortable and not as effective).
- Use one quart/ litre of room temperature bottled or filtered water (not tap water).
- Use large old towels, and coconut oil/olive oil for lubrication.
- Find a place that is near your bathroom or in your bathroom where you can hang your enema bag (2-3 feet above floor level) where you can comfortably lie on the ground. It is important to be near the toilet in case you need to eliminate straight away.
- Pour water into your enema bag and hang it up. Let the first lot of water flow out to get rid of any air pockets then stop the water.
- Place your towels on the floor, have the enema bag hanging above you, and lubricate your anus and the end of the enema nozzle.
- Lie on your left side on the towel. Draw your knees towards your chest and insert the nozzle about 3 inches into the anus. (Stop when if you feel resistance).
- Once you are comfortable, release the water and allow it to flow. Keep your hand on the water flow clamp/knob so that you can control the flow speed as it enters your body.
- Relax and take deep slow breaths and pay attention to how your body is reacting. If you start to feel cramping, slow or completely stop the water flow.
- When you feel that you have taking in as much water as you can, try to hold it in for as long as possible, slowly remove the nozzle and then sit on the toilet to release.
- You can repeat this process and few more times or until you are satisfied with the results.
- Afterwards take some form of probiotic to replenish your colon with healthy bacteria.
- Try not to do this too often or you could get dependent on it.
- Clean with warm soapy water is recommended. I would also add cleaning with baby sanitising tables. (I leave in baby sanitising water for 30 mins onward).
If you do an enema too often your body can become dependent on it to have a bowel movement.
Talk to a medical adviser to get more support on using enemas for improvement in your digestive health.
How I Use My Enema Kit.
I have given you instructions of how to use an enema kit lying down because this is the most commonly used way.
I personally hang the bag on my bathroom door and bend over whilst standing. I place my head close to my knee and breathe slowly. This way works for me. Also I am only a few steps away from the toilet if needed.
My Favourite Enema: Coffee Enema Does it work and Why?
Coffee enemas are my favourite by far and this article would not be complete without my sharing this wonderful find with you.
Some would say that having a coffee enema is taking it a step to far. I would say it is my favourite and this is why.
There are many studies about drinking coffee, some say it is good and other it is bad. I am only going to focus on using coffee as an enema and the benefits of doing so.
Many forms of enemas and colon hydrotherapy date back to ancient times and cultures and was used in helping to cleanse and purify the body and general health and well-being to treat serious illnesses. It is not clear when coffee started to be used in enema treatments but many people swear by it, myself being one of them.
Coffee Enema Research
Dr Max Gerson introduced coffee enema into cancer therapy in the 1930’s and based in his research it showed that coffee had the ability to stimulate the liver and gall bladder into releasing excess bile.
The liver and gall bladder, along with the intestines, work to eliminate the body of toxins. Dr Max Gerson found that coffee enemas dilated the bile ducts, helping to purge toxins out of the body.
Dr Gerson recommended this treatment for cancer patients to help to detox their bodies from harsh treatments like chemotherapy and to help to treat the disease.
Further research as shown that Dr Gerson’s treatment showed noticeable, positive changes in the colon.
Research in the 1980’s identified and compound found in coffee (kahweol andcafestol palmintate), that promotes enzymatic activity in the body that also detoxes the bloodstream.
How amazing it that. I can say that days after I have done a coffee enema I feel really good.
The medical world still are not sure how exactly how the coffee enema works, but Dr Gerson believed that if you do a coffee enema and hold it in for about 15 minutes it would act like a dialysis of the blood across the gut wall, and since all the blood in our body passes through the liver every 3 minutes, the dilated bile ducts in the liver could pull the toxins out of the blood during this process.
Many people today are using coffee enemas, not just for cancer treatment, but as a process of boosting energy and improving health and digestion.
The benefits of a coffee enema are truly amazing and worth a try. But like always consult and medical adviser before trying.
Below you will see a video with regards to detoxify with the Gerson therapy,
Enema Kit Buyers Guide
The enema bag is strong and well-made and the pipe is a good length between the bag and the nozzle. It can be used either standing with the bag head height or in a kneeling position without have to re-position it. the valve is easy to operate and regulating the fluid flow. It is easy to clean with hot soapy water and left to soak. Just run the soapy water through the pipe and the bag. it is easy to take apart and store.
It is also really good for coffee enemas and it stops the coffee from going back into the tube whilst being used. It is well worth the extra money.
When Is The Best Time To Enema?
Upon arising in the morning is the best time to take an enema. Preferably after you have had your morning bowel movement and you have not eaten.
If you are constipated, and cannot have a bowel movement, morning time is still the best time and the enema will help you to go.
How Many Times Can I Take An Enema?
We cannot give medical advice. You should get the advice of your doctor first. There are many books written by doctors on the subject of taking enemas. Gerson Institute is a good source as well.
1. There’s no strong chemical/toxic smell, but a slight smell which it’s normal for a silicone bag.
2. Wash with SOAP WATER to remove the chemical smell before it’s first use.
3. Just remember to store in a clean environment and use sterilising wipes in running water to disinfect. There are a lot of germs in the shower you don’t want contamination when this is inside you.
This Enema kit is very easy to use and comfortable, the new valve makes it easier to control the water flow. the pipe is a good length so easy to move around and easy for someone with mobility challenges.
This has good reviews.
Coffee for Enemas
Thank you for your visit. I would love to hear from you in the comments below. Also would really appreciate you like and sharing this article please.
You may also be interested in.